Saturday, January 21, 2017

Reading Sentences, Considering Photos




I’d faithfully documented every day, as I always do, on the road over the holidays.  Four or five cities, three or four states, a myriad of glimpses.  I had a lap top but figured I wouldn’t post all these entries till I returned home.  That way I’d upload the photos and be able to store them easily enough on to the main photo account.  As one week turned to two and the third commenced thereafter, I realized I'd be uploading quite a few entires on the day that I returned.

Last night around 2:30AM, I managed to post the last of the twenty eight entires I had ready to publish.  I had been thinking for some time now that this was three weeks worth of material but clearly, per the dates, it is much closer to a month’s time.  And even though the texts were all largely written and the photos certainly already snapped, there is always work to be done for each one, editing the text, choosing the photo and deciding on a title.  I started some time on Saturday and with the Sunday cleared in front of me I kept chipping away, coasting on jet-lag fuel. until they were all up on Dusty Brine long after everyone else in the family had gone to bed. 



This morning I looked back over them quickly.  Over a rapid thirty-minute sprint I retraced glimpses of the last month, reading sentences, considering the photos.  It strikes me that I should perhaps do this every month, for the period that had just proceeded me.  It would help to aid memory, almost certainly.  Perhaps reviewing the whole year at the end of the year might not be such a bad thing as well.  It has all seemed fairly remarkable when I completed a first year’s worth but well into the fourth year now, it all seems rather common.  I know that it will be unlikely that I'll make the time.



I thought of different innovations as I considered all this uploading.  Should I add specific dates so it is easier to discern rather than having to consider backwards from the end of the year or some date like a birthday?  Should I weave a story within the posts, Joyce-like so that you need to know that the “tap, tap, tap” you read in one post refers to the blind man and his walking stick introduced in an earlier post.  For now, I’m just glad to be “current” once again. Or at least I was, late last night. 


Sunday, 01/15/17                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment