Monday, September 24, 2018

Yeah. It's cool. I Like It.





I went over to get some shoes.  I’ll get shoes.  I saw the shoes yesterday.  Today I would buy those shoes.  They were brown with a white sole.  They were in the same Ecco shop I bought my last pair of shoes in.  Habits are important six months back. 

I asked for the shoes.  He had them in size nine or twelve.  I am size ten-and-a-half.  "We do have the same shoes in green in a size ten-and-a-half."  "I see."   I considered the green shoes.  They looked cool.  I considered myself in green shoes.  It has been a while.  Green.  I was growing more and more comfortable with the idea of green shoes but I knew I wanted something that made my Achilles heel feel well-supported.  And these just did not.  No.  I didn’t get the green shoes.  The brown ones no longer mattered.  



The SF MoMA is across the street from where we’re staying.  “Hey.  Can I talk you into it?  It’s super close.”  It was this irrefusable pitch I served up to my seventeen year old.  We bargained and then before we went off to get her clothing at Brandy Melvin, we popped into the SF MoMA.  They were having an exhibit on Magritte.  My daughter had never really considered Magritte.  I suppose I first started considering his provocations when I was seventeen or so.  I paid ten-bucks extra so we could see Magritte. 

“Where do you think he’s from?”  “Uh.  France?”  Yeah, well, with a name like that, Yes.”  Once we are allowed to enter we head straight to the wall with all the writing and quickly discerned that  I'd been wrong and that Magritte was Belgian.  With one eye I considered weightless rocks and street lights illuminating the evening on a bright sunny day and with the other iris I was watching her watch these things.  “Yeah.  It’s cool.  I like it.” High praise!



Downstairs, is the permanent collection from the year nineteen hundred onward.  “Let’s check that out and leave?”  “OK.”   Soon we’re in front of Diego Rivera’s peasant farmer with the many flowers up upon his back.  Remember the Frida Khalo refrigerator magnate on fridge at homeThe lady with the flower's in her hair?  That's her man, Diego.  The museums of Beijing so rarely delight.  



Saturday 8/04/18



No comments:

Post a Comment