Sunday, June 30, 2019

"No" I Was Told





This is a day I’d longed for, for a while. A day with nothing particularly pressing to do.   A day I could justify catching up on my blog, read for pleasure, and review things that were pending.  Nothing out there on the to-do list clasping at my throat, demanding instant gratification. 

The Mrs. and the little one are went down to the silk market.  We assume it’s still there. They need little things before our trip.  I’ve warned them all that despite the ninety-five degree heat they’re going to need a light cloth to cover their heads with.  No shorts, no tee-shirts for those of the feminine persuasion, unless they are covered with some kind of cloth.  Unfair, but it’s their country.



Yesterday I delivered on the long overdue promise of securing my little one a new phone.  Hers was on its last leg.  Like mine from a few months back we’d taken her iPhone 6S to the local repair guy once and then twice.  And each time it seemed to be fixed but for the fact that they weren’t. 



I walked around San Li Tun while she waited out the two plus hours needed to transfer all her BTS photos from her old phone, which we’d gotten cash for on the trade in, to her a new one.  I found a pair of shades I wanted to buy and of course, the store did not take a foreign card.  I was saddened but not shocked to find out that the old, reliable ATM machine that used to be there at the head of the escalators had been removed.  “No.” I was told.  There aren’t any other ATMs in the entire Tai Koo complex.  You can go to the northern section about a kilometer from here.  En route I passed 3.3 and thought, “cool.  I’ll go to their ATM.”  It too, had been removed.  Soon, one suspects, there will be none and mobile payments will reign supreme.



Sunday, 6/30/19


No comments:

Post a Comment