Monday, April 3, 2017

Have Some Tuna Fish




I was just about to dial the local grocery and ask them to deliver a few things.  Tuna fish was on my mind.  Certainly.  It was on the cats mind too.  The cat knows that if I have a can of tuna for lunch, I’ll give her a quarter of it or so.  It’s only fair.  It is such an undeniable delight for her.  The problem is her pea-brain can no discern that this is only a lunch time thing.  She haunts me every time I make my way through that room.  And just now she is making it ever so clear that it would be a great time to have some tuna fish.



But there aren’t any cans of tuna here, as I discovered yesterday.  And I began to think about the dinner I’d be making and the fruit I’d needing.  Perhaps what tipped it over was the dumb conversation I imagined where I insisted that I wanted tuna in water, you know the largish can that has the blue fish on it . . . “   I’d end up with sardines.

And it occurred to me, for the first time in months that I should probably bike over to the market.  I dutifully put on my hoodie earlier in the day only to realize that it was way too warm.  Today was the first day that forced me into short sleeves.  Fabulous.  Now that I’m in them I’d prefer to keep it short.  It might mean a bit more time but look at it out there.  A bike ride’ll do you good. 



The tires could interrupt this resolve, but I pinch them and there full.  My headphones have been independently starting and stoping audio features on my phone, reminding me any time there is motion that it is time to get new headphones.  I readjust the seat, stick the phone in my breast pocket and head off on my bike.  I don’t have the luck.  I reckon this will be alright.  The main boulevard has lots of the plumb blossom, cherry blossom hybrid trees and I pull over to see about taking a few pics.



Wednesday, 3/29/17






No comments:

Post a Comment