Sunday, September 15, 2019

Knocked That Bucket Over





Up again at 2:00AM.  Another call with three continents.  I with the inadvertent short end of the stick again.  After this call I could have worked for a while.  But I went back to sleep.  Drooping.  Yes. Go to sleep. 



The sun comes quietly.  We have a view straight out to the west to where the sun sets.  But the east from whence the sun rises is up beyond the mountain.  We're at the bottom of the hill and the morning light doesn’t suddenly pierce its way in.  It materializes.  And I open the shades and consider the cloudy morning air.  I assume that it will be hot outside but at this hour it is refreshingly cool. 

I was on a call again, when my dad stopped by.  He was ready to paint.  I hit mute on my call and tried to explain to him where all the materials were.  Yes.  I'd done the cleaning but no, there is no soapy water left.  Knocked that bucket over yesterday.  



Afternoon nap.  I woke from it later than I thought I would.  There wouldn’t be much time to get any more work done.  My mom confirmed, it was ok to head over on short notice and join them for dinner.  I brought the unopened bottle of Gruner Ventliner in the fridge.  She was serving fish.  And some salad.  They eat light.  Graciously they offered me the seconds of the fried pescado.  My mom worried if I’d had enough.  I was fine.  And now I need to drive back over the bridge.


Tuesday 8/20/19

No comments:

Post a Comment