Monday, March 2, 2020

Calmly if Reservedly




I was determined to finish S. Y. Agnon’s “Only Yesterday", from last evening.  This morning I was up very early and was uncharacteristically productive on a Monday morning.  My mediation was done early.  I enjoyed some good time with my daughter.  And I had bandwidth to approach the challenge that remained.



Agnon has been compared to Chagall and the simple peasant logic, ethereal connectedness and magical sense of travel all remind me of the Chagall print we have in our home.  I looked and it remains untitled. A peasant woman is talking to the man on the roof of a simple house.  He has rooster on his head and to the right a gigantic dream like young woman in flower pants is approaching the simple abode.  Agnon's Isaac also ponders love and never quite figures it out in the rapidly changing world's of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, before a rabid dog suddenly bites him and ends his life. 

Trying to type.  I’ve got some gentle, swinging Tal Fallow on my earbuds.  And everything should be conducive to typing up here in the first seat of the bus, but my early morning rise now begins to overpower the simple double espresso I had standing at the Village Grind. The espresso, however still has me twitching like a frog responding to electronic stimuli.  I put away my computer and put away my phones and try to get some sleep, lying in the chair and every so often I spasmodically clutch at nothing and no doubt give pause to the woman sitting calmly if reservedly beside to me. 



Now we are pulling off for the Lincoln Tunnel.  Not exactly sure what we’re up to here in the city today.  An old friend wants to intro me to a good friend of his.  They're both in town.  We’re to talk Indonesia.  I’d like more reach in Indonesia.  Let’s see what happens.  Before I make the ten block walk up to meet him, I need to visit the Port Authority men’s room.



Monday 02/24/20


No comments:

Post a Comment