Sunday, November 26, 2017

Just Head Out That Direction




I was at Baidu today.  My computer was on the screen.  I wanted to show them something from the web.  I used a Google browser.  They kindly asked me why I hadn’t used a Baidu browser.  I demurred from saying the results would not have been so efficaciously realized and I would have had to needlessly sift through results that had paid for placement. 

Rather, I told them of a time I was at Xiaomi.  I had recently sold them software they were going to use in an application.  In the elevator Lei Jun, the CEO stepped in beside me.  I thought to show him his application that his company was going to use.  I fuddled around with my iPhone, trying to show him but couldn’t bring it up and realized I was standing there flashing a competitive iPhone in his face.



It’s lovely out today.  In the distance are the northern Beijing mountains.  I’d like to continue on this highway now and just head out that direction.  The last time I did that with not intention of stopping was my last birthday when we went to Heng Shan.  It was fabulous to drive up over the mountains and into the Chinese heartland of Shanxi.  But today, I can’t do that.  I need to go home.  Perhaps we can plan a fall trip to do such a thing.  An autumn ride?  A winter ski run perhaps?  We’re not going anywhere far for Christmas nor Chinese New Year this year. 

The next two months are the darkest two months.  Perhaps the next three months.  We still have six weeks to go till the autumn equinox.  I need to go and have a cup of coffee.  I was typing in wechat and nodded off once, and then twice and then again.  This is very dangerous because you can easily type and send immediate nonsense to people.  As soon as I was done, I kicked back my had and tried to properly sleep and found that I couldn’t not  Once I concentrated on sleeping it was illusive.  What is the sleep-inducing power of reading that settles the mind to switch off? 




I’ve missed writing.  I have a bunch of writing to catch up on and it has me down.  SO many entries haven’t properly been written.  There are just notes to edit.  I have been on a mad dash to catch up.  I’ll write soon, once I’ve caught up on everything. A bit too much activity, just now.  Not sure how much longer I want to keep this all up for.  The blanketing of poplar leaves on the ground off below feels like it belongs there.  I need to go out biking in this place before they’re all gone. 



Tuesday, 11/07/17


No comments:

Post a Comment