Wednesday, November 20, 2019

It Was Indeed Me





Sunday, and my little girl was to head over to my mom’s by 1:00PM.  She was taking her and her cousin to A Christmas Carol on Broadway.  At noon I’d need to drive her over and so before it got too late, I made my way over to TruValue so I could start my blow-job.  TruValue hardware has leaf blowers for rent and I’d reserved one for this time today.  

The guy gave me the basic tutorial which seemed straight forward.  I put it in the back of my car and drove back home.  I decided to take a left and see if there was a way I could cut back out of town and avoid the Main St. traffic, but it was no good.  I was routed around back towards the middle school and eventually back on to Main St.  Cutting through town b the Starbucks I came up to the “Peace Park” cut down towards Route 167. 

Looking in my mirror I noticed the cops flashing lights.  I pulled over, half expecting him to roll past me in pursuit of something else, but it was indeed me he was after.   There any reason you didn’t stop at the stop light up there.”  “I wasn’t aware I hadn’t.”    He went off with my license and registration and returned with a ticket and the process whereby I could either accept this or go to court.  I made a point of not saying “thank you.”



Leaf blowing is pretty interesting.  Once upon a time you took a rake and worked away at some callouses. In this instance I primed the pump, pulled the chord and soon was sending leaves and sticks and anything else in my pathway tumbling along.  Remarkably the grass held.  That’s good. Leaves however, and strata of leaves beneath leaves that’s nearly returned to soil, all did not.  But with all this power one needs a strategy, or you can blow leaves back and forth and get nowhere.  And just about the time I was developing the requisite tactics I ran out of gas.  Hadn’t thought of that. 



Mindful of my friend from among New Paltz’ finest, I drove, slowly, back to Truvalue and had them fill up the tanks and head bought a can of the mixed fuel they used as I was sure it would run about again, swiftly enough.  This time my wife wanted a try and she became so enamored with the tool that she forgot all about driving y daughter over to my mother, so I took care of that.  When I came back, I reloaded the tank and made good progress driving a broad line of leaves toward the forest, but once again, I ran out of fuel before I could finish.



Sunday, 11/17/19



No comments:

Post a Comment