Thursday, April 9, 2020

Is Gross Imbalance Here




More puzzle this morning.  Significant progress on the Eden section of the Hieronymus Bosch triptych.  The lawn all has a special color right below the feet of the Lord and Adam and Eve.  But the darkness in the lake at the base of the triptych is similar to the black and blue of other sections of the painting.  Progress is slow.  I tell myself, repeatedly, that this is waste of time.  But once you find a long sought piece the breakthrough is remarkable.  Only a few steps removed, seemingly, from the actual creation of the work itself.



I need bird seed.  We go to Lowes.  Is birdseed an “essential” visit?  Certainly not. But I can get hand wipes and bottled water there, as well.  At the check out, I keep my distance and try to be polite.  The cashier is not wearing a mask, nor any other protective gear.  I tell him thank you for his service which doesn’t seem to faze him.  But one suspects that there is gross imbalance here.  I am grateful for his service, but if he were my brother or my nephew, wouldn’t I counsel him strongly to stay home and avoid the risk?



One the way back in we pick up the burritos we ordered.  They want me to check out, by not coming in.  Usually we would fill up little serving cups of the various picante sauces they make available, but she informs me that they are no longer offering them.  In an instant this seems smart and appropriate.  Obviously.  And if I’d like they are selling bottles of what had otherwise been on the house.  She is on the phone with her family with whole time.  I thank her between the pauses in her conversation. 

Back home the Mrs. is suspicious of this food from the outside world.  Everything in our refrigerator similarly came from the outside world.  But regardless I am fine to microwave my burrito and the chips if necessary.  The pork-pulled burrito tastes amazing.  It is great to taste food which someone else has prepared.  My wife is no fan of her steak burrito though, and decides to proceed no further than the first bite.



Monday 03/23/20


No comments:

Post a Comment