Friday, October 9, 2015

Promising Dash of Efficiency





Evaporating days that disappear while busy.  A visit, a call, a lunch, a day that started out with a promising dash of efficiency.  And then was squeeze-boxed away to nightfall.  It isn’t even nightfall.  The seasons have changed and 7:00PM is the summer’s 9:00PM.  It’s been dark for hours.

Pakistani food?  After a week of self-wrought concoctions, that sounds alluring. That mushy shag panir with the cheese cubes in the greener-than-thou spinach green.  Creamy, brown, butter chicken in a sweet sauce that isn’t really fattening, is it?  And more garlic nan than you know you should eat.  Let’s cork a descent bottle as the place barely serves bee



“How do you say thank you in Urdu?”  “I beg your pardon, sir?”   Smiling, “Urrrr-thu.  How do you say “thank you” in urr-thu?”  Half a head bob.  “Ahh.  Sir.  I am from India.”  “Well.  I see.  Then remind me how to say thank you in Hindi.”  “Dhan'yavāda”  “Don Yavla.  Right on.”  “Yes.”  Starring at the menu.  The Shalimar Gardens are in Pakistan, hear Lahore, right?  I’ve been there.

Later, someone had a film with Captain America and a number of other Avengers running around.  Everything is built to create this dull tension that tweaks up and down only slightly but rather cruises in the main, along a high wire of anxiety that passes as entertainment, unless you actually consider the narrative, or why you are anxious but not invested. 



Home I have that Criolo album “Nó Na Orelha” on reasonably loud.  I haven’t heard it in over a year.  I remember enjoying finding this.  I am enjoying it, once again.   No immediate plans to go to Brazil, but I sure am looking forward to the rendez vous, when it comes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment