Friday, October 2, 2015

No One Else's Concern




It’s a national holiday.  It is the national holiday.  But the rest of the world doesn’t care that your kids have the week off from school.  This is no one else’s concern.   There are a few fireworks off in the distance, as I read about one more rampage shooting, back home.  They don’t know who the person was yet.  Perennial mourning. 

A bit slower than usual I make my way through the morning’s obligations.  The meditation is drowsy.  The pushups, obligatory.  I need music.  I need my contacts in.  All this is needed before I’m brave enough to slay the jumping jacks. 

I’d listened to The Creation with a friend a few days back and had a mix I’d found on Youtube with seemingly hundreds of garage psychedelia singles.  It took me a moment to understand what was going on when Brute Force, “The King of Fuh” came on.  Enjoying the mix and slightly put off by the earnestness until the singer began yelling “All hail the mighty fuh king.” 



And the internet is eternally wonderful, because within minutes I’d discerned that this was actually produced as an Apple Records single under George Harrison’s production.  The offending word meant that it would ultimately never be released.  Rather only 2000 singles where distributed to friends.  What an innocent time when this was enough to pique George's sense risqué.




It’s late now and no one wants to cook.  There are three bags of frozen dumplings in the freezer.  I think I’m going to go boil some for me an my younger daughter.  We’re the only ones eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment