Saturday, November 12, 2016

I Need To Know Definitively




It’s Monday here.  Been Monday all day.  The U.S. is waking up to its Monday right about now.  That squares us at the beginning of the final day, before the election.  I’ll be traveling but I’m trying to keep my Wed morning free so I can watch the results come in.  I need to know definitively that he is defeated. 




What prolonged fifth act! This drama does have an end.  We all know when it will occur, and it has been on the horizon for nearly two years now . . . until tomorrow.  Is there anyone besides the people who derive ad revenue from news programs who isn’t ready to see this thing put to rest?

I am so fatigued by this routine of checking up on this contest.  I invest nearly an hour every morning reviewing different news sources.  What is the narcissist’s latest gaff?  What is the latest assault against HRC that has suddenly made the impossible seem possible again?  What has each of the major papers said about this?  I usually take time to search out detailed China news.  I haven’t in months.  This nonsense is all consuming.




Even in the darkest hours of this campaign, I’ve had a core belief that Trump would never be elected.  While I acknowledge the possibility and the risk therein, my read has always been that he was ultimately unelectable and that there would be tissue rejection from the body politic.  Even deeper, I have quietly marvelled that the U.S. system is strong enough to endure this challenge, albeit an absurd sort of possibility that the people who designed the constitution could never have anticipated.  And yet they did.   This is a rough turning of the soil, but its important to aerate things this way and stare at who we are.  China is not allowed to do so and, is the Party rule is ultimately weaker as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment