Sunday, February 26, 2017

A Bit Livid




I caught my younger one’s presentation this morning.   Though I’d put the request in for the family vehicle earlier in the day, coordination being what it was, I arrived about ten minutes late and missed the formal power point presentation of her photography.  But she whisked me into the other room and we had a look, regardless.  I particularly liked her tree.  And the picture of her older sister with her hair woven in heart shapes. 

The Mrs., who was kind enough to drop us off, was now summoned to pick the two of us up.  This had been discussed.  She suggested she was on the way.  We went outside and waited.  A good friend drove by.  “Would you like me to take you over to her place?” “No worries.  The Mrs. is on her way.”  We stood for a while longer.  “See.  This is what its like when you’re late.  You guys are always late.”  I called my wife back and it turns out she hadn’t yet departed.  Centered. Centered.  Breathing.



With that I told my younger one we were going for a walk down the road.  “Think of all the photo opportunities.”  Indeed there were.   Broken down walls, power station towers, newly erected project rows, queues for busses.  We snapped one thing and then another as we plodded long.  After a few photos I decided to try the wife another try.  No luck this time.  I’ll just wait till she gets to the school and then she’ll call me. 

Indeed, she did.  But just as I finished the last photo of buildings across the way, my battery drain had taken it all.  No power.  My daughter was a bit livid about this insisting we walk home right way.  This was clearly the most sensible thing and we did this, she eagerly, me reluctantly. 



Later when I was looking over our photos I noticed that the last photo I took, was actually of my wife speeding over in her telltale yellow jacket, behind the wheel.  Fortunately none of this mattered.  We had a nice meal and fell asleep watching Sherlock. 


Friday, 02/24/17


No comments:

Post a Comment