Tuesday, February 7, 2017

One Are All Home




Monday, here, mid-staycation.  I’m home.  The Mrs. is home.  The older one and the younger one are all home.  The cat is here too.  It’s crowded.  Everyone seems to need to use my chargers.  My wife has plucked drained the juice off my Macbook from here at my desk for her Macbook Air.  There is a camel train’s worth of iPhones lined up at the oasis of the charger snaking out from my computer. 



The staycation should be a good thing.  Last year this time we were in Nicaragua, considering the white cathedral of Leon.  This year we’d done the pilgrimage home for Christmas so airline miles and budgets were all used up.  And even the logical trek to Shandong for the holiday was upended by the relatives all flying off themselves to Hainan for an uncharacteristic vacation. 

I’m usually up by 5:30AM.  These days I flop around till 8:00AM, with no school to get the kids up for and no school gym open early to lure me out of bed.  This “cation” aspect affects how I read the news as well.  I allow myself to search longer and compare to other news outlets.  And the news is all, very bad.  




My kids are up by 10:00AM and they want breakfast and then lunch in quick succession.  I do the dishes and begin to think about what I’m going to make for them for dinner.  I had imagined this time as a period when I would get a tremendous amount done.  But it’s clear that this isn’t going to be the case. 


Monday, 01/30/17

No comments:

Post a Comment