Wednesday, November 20, 2019

There At the Garden





Ahh, the 3:00AM call that lead into the 4:00AM call that yielded to the 4:30AM to 6:00AM call.  Toward the end of that I rushed upstairs ad told my little one that she was going to be late for the bus.  Good thing I’d gotten up there just in time.  But I wansn’t down the stairs long before she notified me that I’d gotten her up an hour early.  My clock must have been stuck on pre-daylight-savings time.  Indeed, it was, it has the hour twelve hours ahead, in Beijing on my calendar.  

Not long after she notified me that the school had just texted her.  School was delayed for two hours on account of snow.  It was still black out.  Id’ heard precipitation through the night.  But now that the sunlight was pulling back the darkness, I could see that there was snow falling.  Wet snow.  And not much of it, but presumably enough to make the authorities opt for the safe call.  I think this may have been the first “snow day” in her life, and she was thrilled and swiftly returned to sleep.



I guess I’ll need to drive her over in an hour or so.  I called the bus dispatch they said to have her to the high school by 9:10AM.   I suppose that’s what we’ll do.  I’d ordered a pair of snow boots a month ago on an impulse purchase and then canceled them.  Why order boots that you won’t need until it has snowed.  As mentioned, it has snowed.  I think my next move once I’ done typing this entry is to go back on line and reorder them. 



Tonight, I am apparently taking my daughter to a K-Pop concert at Madison Square Garden with Super M.  I will, no doubt, be thinking about “Get Your Ya Ya’s Out” and other whatever other shows I might have actually seen there.  Didn’t I see something facile like The Police at some point there at the Garden?  This is not BTS.  Super M, is another band, run by a different company, (the company that backs the band is very important in Korea, surprise, surprise,)  and they have a tune or two which she’s played me.  I will bring my noise cancelling headset and try to be discrete about wearing them.



Tuesday, 11/19/19



No comments:

Post a Comment