Saturday, September 23, 2017

What’s the Next One All About?





For those of you out there that read this briny dust, thank you.  This is what I’ve done with my Sunday: caught up on all these posts.  It’s not an insignificant investment of time.  And when you’re more than a few days behind it all gets a bit robotic, posting, choosing photos, titles and moving on to the next day.  It’s easy get one day wrong:  refer to a Tuesday as Wednesday or the 9th as the 10th and then all the subsequent posts are off.  If you want to correct it so that the sequence isn’t disturbed, you’ll need to delete them and repost and this happened three different times this morning. Colossal waste of time and I take to cursing myself until my wife tells me to shut up.



Today I had my “This is the Modern World” radio show on and Trouble played a song by “Os Incriveis” that was pleasant.  I couldn’t find it though I came upon a playlist of their songs over the years.  I let it play and went back to cursing and recasting dates.  Every tune seemed to start out interestingly but then something would ruin it.  The break would be cheesy or the guitar sound too thin.  What’s the next one all about?

Not much.   Spanning a Beatle-like arc across the sixties I considered their early period of these Brazilian lads, but was left a bit flat.  Surely this psychedelic album cover disc will have something worthy on it.  It might, but not this song.  And by now I was getting accustomed to what they looked like as cute kids and how cruel time’s inevitability left them looking by the late seventies.  




Focused on the posting, I kept clicking, thinking the list was about to end.  But it keeps replenishing and has morphed into a list beyond Os Incriveis, of sixties and seventies Brazilian crooners.  Standing in the kitchen, refilling my coffee just now, with the residue of sixty or seventy middling, schmaltzy half-listened-to-tunes in my head I asked myself the obvious:  why do you continue to listen to this? 



Sunday, 9/24/17


No comments:

Post a Comment