Sunday, February 28, 2016

Not Yet




Jet lag cramps the style whether you loose an hour or a day.  I’m reasonably acclimated to the thirteen-hour pivot from one side of the world to the other.  But those three little hours from the US east coast, to the west can be brutal.  The second morning in a row since being here I popped up after a late night to the dark, groggy compromise of four in the morning.   Returning from the bathroom, you already know:  you won’t be going back to sleep.  Your body thinks its seven fifteen in the morning. 

The house is quiet, your mind is fragile and you notice that people have written, wanting to chat.  Not yet.  When you wake up on the east, everyone back home is sitting down to dinner.  You have a few hours to play with.  But by that time on the west coast, everyone’s in bed.  You ought to take advantage of this open slot.  Not yet. 



Trump.  I’ll read about Trump.  He continues to win.  This can only mean a tremendous defeat for the Republicans this fall.  They won’t unite around him, they will appear more divisive than ever and may even loose the House and the Senate.  Whether it’s Obama’s appointment or Hillary’s the Supreme Court will now swing left.  Another article informs me that people who are critical of Trump are now regularly set upon by a cloud of Trump Twitter locust to belittle people who question Don's abilities.  Imagine such a person as President. 




There is no interesting China news to note in the New York Times.  No news is just fine for China.  I’ve opened all the emails from both accounts.  Lots of little to-do’s.  Nothing gripping.  My eyes are trained on the New York Times tab up top.  I should go back and read an editorial or two.  Reaching for my phone I begin to reply to all the wechat messages:  “Sorry I missed you last night.  You free now?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment