Saturday, May 21, 2016

Warm, Dry, Breezy




I haven’t driven along this road in a while.  Taking a risk, really.  Jingmi Road at least this section has been my default stretch of pavement for getting in to the city for decades.  But six months back, they suddenly decided to close one of the entrances to the airport road.  This left me with no choice but to risk this road all the way in or get on the highway further out.   Two bad choices, I generally default to the latter. 



Today I’m heading to Jing Tai Road.   The exit to get there off of the airport expressway is notoriously wretched most hours of the day.  I’ve acquiesced and regretted it too many times.  Those painful memories are fresher than the ones associated with the course I’m presently taking.  Let’s see how it all unfolds. 

It is a smashing day out there.  A bit hazy but sunny and warm, dry breezy.  We may as well enjoy these while they’re here.  The will absolutely skedaddle soon, leaving us with gritty hot summer.


 


I must say we’ve been doing well so far.  You have to assume you’re going to wait at the lights.  I’ve been up since 4:00AM and I’m nodding off here in the back of a cab at 12:45PM.  Sleep, you have such an alluring way about you.  I’d love to rendez vous with you.  Why do I resist?  When I awake you refuse to let me go.  My driver keeps sighing, as we’re not moving.  He pulls me out of repose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment