Saturday, August 20, 2016

He Will Not Disapear




Up real early.  It isn’t really necessary, but this this election cycle I take the precious, early morning time scan not only the New York Times, but also the Wall St. Journal, The Washington Post, The Huffington Post and then Slate.  What am I looking for?  I don’t really want to look at DJT’s face.  I don’t really want to sift through his mendacity.  But I do want more news on him.  I do want to read about another fuck up.  I fervently hope for a steady intensification of the downward spiral till all one sees is spinning orange top before it vanishes from the bowl.  And as it is certain that he will loose, it is certain too that he will not disappear.  We’ll return to the restroom to find him bobbing around down there for the foreseeable.

Working from home all day the bed is achingly near.  I’ve been up since 1:00AM, so now, mid day operates like early evening.  I know it’s coming and after lunch I quickly descend towards the arms of oblivion.  By the time I hear the kids outside my room again it is early evening and dinner is being served.



After dinner everyone else is tired and goes to bed early.  So I’m pounding away at emails, vaguely conscious of the fact that people may be confused receiving things from me at 2:00AM.  (I thought you said you were back in Beijing) Remarkably, for the first time since the spring, I think I am largely “caught-up.” Fleeting, but satisfying, in the way illusory moments can be.



I’m on a Donald Byrd kick for no good reason.  I think I just made my way here from a Hank Mobley kick.  In particular I haven’t heard the album “Live at the Half Note Café” in a while.  Somehow I associate it with time years ago in western Massachusetts.  I don’t think I would have been able to identify who Pepper Adams was at the time nor what it was he played in those days.  Though I do remember there was a baritone sax on the album and boy, he sure sounds good, anchoring the sound sound in lower register basement.

OK.  Time to return to the bed.  Can’t tell you how long this particular sleep session will last.  I sense I will be off kilter like this for a while.

                                                                                                                                                                                                         



  

No comments:

Post a Comment