Monday, December 11, 2017

A Spy or an Idiot?





I set aside the day to just put up postings, one after another.  I was up early and got a good start, on the long slog of catch up.  Even when they’re already written, it takes longer than you might think to get these up.  They need to be edited at least once or twice.  Some are in better shape than others.  Cull through photos and pick two per.  Scan the doc for a few words to pick a title from.  It should be fast but it takes time and before long everyone else is nearly up. 

My little one is up.  She does not want to go to the gym with me.  “Nope.  No thanks.  I’ve got two different dance classes today."  That seems like a good enough reason not to go to the gym.  I however decide I need to go now or the day will swallow up the chance.  The wife will claim the car once she’s down the steps and I’ll lose the will to do the needful.



One the way over it is a particularly clear, blue, winter morning.  The rows of newly constructed housing that have dominated our community as they’ve been built and then populated look particularly compelling this morning in the sun.  I decide to myself that I will avoid taking a right turn on the ride home and will instead head over to the opposite side of the street and photograph these buildings, which I’ve already photographed a dozen times before.



Later when I do, I attract the attention of a lady in a three-wheeled cart, some fifty yards down the road.  I take pictures with one camera app and then repeat the process with a different one, rather methodically.  Am I a spy or an idiot?  What could possibly be worth stopping the car and getting out on a cold day in a pair of shorts to photograph, if you aren’t conducting espionage.  These are just apartments. 



Sunday, 12/10/17


No comments:

Post a Comment