Thursday, March 16, 2017

Be Commanding One Day




I understand that New York got hit with a blizzard last night.  No sign of it here.  Every tree I see is ready to begin to bloom.  There are willows and poplars and of course cherry blossom.  Tokyo must be just about ready to explode, one of these days.  Some of these parks along the north fifth ring road look nicer than I can ever remember seeing them.  Ahh yes, the Olympic park is out there.  Hurrah.  Spring is here. 



Soon we’ll have dust.  Soon we’ll have the puff-balls of the liushu form a dusty film across the city.  But today, we’re alright.  Spring is always forgiving.  The traffic is slow but I’m actually enjoying the view and I left rather early so I’m OK for time.  It looks like its the exit for the G6 up to Bei Lu  . . . Someojo8.

Yes.  I dozed off to a flurry of dream snapshots. They were all real, and they are all gone.  I’m back to traffic, shifting to the left lane but then stuck.  Passing the first of the daily fender benders.  The resolution appears civil.  No tire irons.

Cherry trees command attention over all other blossoms. This, even though they are all quite small and fledgling.  The trees in Tokyo aren’t exactly towering redwoods, they were all presumably planted after the war, after the fire bombing, so they’ve sixty five years of growth behind them.  These Beijing highway beautifiers, all appear to be about five years old.   Perhaps they too will be commanding one day like the ones that extend along the Nakameguro canal.



I’ve reached Shangdi in about seventy five minutes which is fine because I’ve budgeted eighty, instead of the fifty five I’d usually allow.  I should have time for an espresso in the lobby café.  


Wednesday, 03/15/17


No comments:

Post a Comment