Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Simpleton, Like Everyone





You know its bad when you have an achingly negative reaction to the New York Times home page because it hasn’t been updated since the last time you looked at it.  The reason it hasn’t updated is because it was only ninety minutes ago that you last considered it.  What do I expect to find?  I suppose I am looking for Trump’s reaction to Comey’s interview where in the latter suggested the prior was a serial liar and a stain on his colleagues.  Trump has already referred to the former FBI director, whom he fired as a “slime ball.”  I suppose I am interested to see just now it is Trump will escalate. 



I look there because I don’t want to look at all the emails I need to reply to.  That would take a lot of work.  I’d need to formulate a reply and compare two version of an agreement draft.  I’d much rather learn about just how angry the president is.  I am a simpleton, like everyone, watching this guy have a daily temper tantrum.   Hoping that he trips up, assuming he has already tripped up and it is only a matter of time before all is revealed. 

It happens more gradually than the burst of foliage that we’re now nearly full on into the middle of.  The day has become longer.  Ta-dah.  It’s great.  I’m riding home in a cab. It’s 7:00PM.  And it is still light outside.  It will be light for another twenty minutes or so.  And every day will inch forward yielding a bit more daytime to consider till the end of June.  Look at all the people on Gaobai Road heading the other direction gummed up at the light.  It’ll be dark by the time they’re passed all that. 



Must head back out on the late side this evening.  I certainly don’t want to go.  It’s times like that when you’d prefer to live in the city.  At least it will be late enough so that "no one" will be out on the road.  And once I’m settled in the back of that cab and I check the first line of emails, it will be 8:00AM back in New York and it will be a fine time, seventy minutes from now, to see if there is any fresh news on how Trump is reacting.  Would that I didn't care. 



Monday 4/16/18


No comments:

Post a Comment