Saturday, April 21, 2018

Rain Can Make You Feel

Was up so early this morning.  I’m not going to lay around and think about sleep while I try to sleep.  Finish off your book.  Do some meditation.  Mid silence there is tremendous thunder clap outside and April showers begin in earnest with the early morning light.  Rain can make you feel young when you don’t get it very often. 

Rainy shopping.  Our windshield wipers need to be replaced.  Stray pieces of rubber flop around like octopus’ arms.  Coffee, per yesterday’s entry, must be replenished.  Coffee is needed right now.  Before anyone else wakes up.  My little one has a friend over.  They’ll want a proper breakfast, as well. 



Returning from Starbucks I stop at the grocery inside our compound.  Outside are a dozen young seven-year-olds milling around like ducks, oversized and oblivious beneath their colorful umbrellas.  I walk around one.  Hold the door for another as two others collide into me, laughing.  Huevos Rancheros are on the mind.  That will make my daughter happy.  And between grabbing the black beans and checking for salsa she calls.  “You're up?”  “Where are you?”  “Getting things for Huevos.”  “Oh.  Good.” 



She and her friend went to a school dance last night.  It was . . . boring.  They are . . . always boring.  They have never come home from one of these and said anything to stray from this.  Everyone hangs out on the walls.  The DJ said he would but then he didn’t play our music.  A few people dance.  Then everyone decides to leave early.  It was, I believe, precisely the same for us in eighth grade.  “Stairway to Heaven” would bring a few couples out.  I can see them now in my mind’s eye.  And they would all break apart as the song picked up.  I would have been snickering on the sidewall if I hadn’t already left. 



Saturday 4/21/18


No comments:

Post a Comment