Saturday, March 16, 2019

Purple Yams and Tuna





Was on a call this morning asking about the talk I had to give tomorrow in Shenzhen.  The person I was speaking with calmly informed me that it was the not tomorrow but next week when I would need to go. That is wonderful news.  I certainly did not want to go anywhere today.  What a gift to suddenly have an afternoon and a full day tomorrow back to myself.

I left early for a noon meeting in town and arrived at the Rosewood Hotel early.  Outside amidst the dense collection of concierge-types was a woman in a sweat suit who seemed conspicuously wealthy, standing beside an old lady who was in-tow and conspicuously lost amidst the bustle. 



I have good memories of this hotel.  The restaurant upstairs provides thoughtful, if expensive, northern food.  I don’t know why but I can’t seem to forget the purple yams and tuna salad I had here another time in the lobby during a lunch meeting.  It was unexpectedly wonderful and I was so glad I had ordered it.  Staring in that same lobby, my colleagues were sitting there, by the window and the faux flora outside.



Later we rode up to Wang Jing.  I’d ordered one large cab.  All five of us fit in.  I tried to work and immediately dozed off.  My computer had a few lines of nonsense there by the time I was next cognizant.



Monday, 03/04/19



No comments:

Post a Comment