Sunday, June 30, 2019

There's a Large Television





Last night my wife and I went to Victor’s.  Both our daughters were out with their brother and his wife and neither of us wanted to cook.  Victor's is on the other side the public side, of the service building in the complex we live in.  I’ve written about Victor’s before.  They serve Thai and Indian food, which would of course make any proper fan of either cuisine suspicious.  Perhaps because the two gents who man the place are Indian, and the only thing that is even vaguely Thai about the atmosphere is the hapless Chinese gal, who’s uniform seems Thai-ish, we have never sampled their Thai food.



The Indian food isn’t bad, and they have a descent bottle of Pinot Grigio that isn’t so expensive.  And as if it were a punch line, it is the only restaurant I go to where I don’t mind that there’s a large television, as savor the remarkable choreography and insipid plot lines of whatever Bollywood flick they have on.  Last night they had on cricket.   I watched for a moment and wanted it to go away.  And in as much as there was only one other couple in the place and they were settling up I asked and soon got them to change the program to a dancing drama. 

As mentioned, we had the place to ourselves.  I don’t know how Victor's survives.  We spent about $60.00.  The other couple couldn’t have spent much more.  Is someone deficit funding this place?  I had decided I wanted a biryani when I walked in.  And when my wife ordered the first order of garlic nan and then the second, I used it to mop up my buttered chicken and by the time I got back home and certainly this morning when I woke up I felt rather bloated.



And so, today, will be a fast day.  And perhaps I will make it two or three day's worth.  I haven’t had a prolonged fast in a while and counterintuitively, I always feel good while I do so.  I’d better do something as I found out this morning that the gym at the kid’s school is closed for summer.  I pass on dinner and imagine I can feel my stomach shrinking.



Saturday 6/22/19



No comments:

Post a Comment