Sunday, November 19, 2017

Battery Duration Will Be Epic





The way that Hampton Hawes plays “Autumn in New York” with his little methodical intro is something to play a second time.  It is singularly beautiful.  Suddenly I imagine myself not simply typing in an area the size of a dinner plate but commanding a grand piano with the same fingers, sweeping across the full length of the ivories adding the little flourish that he does when the song suggests that moment: “mingled with pain.”

I’ve been considering a new iPhone.  I don’t need one except for the fact that the battery I have in this phone is hopelessly depleted.  You may well ask: “Why don’t you just go over to Zhongguancun and have someone put a new battery in your iPhone John?  I did that.  Can’t say if the young kid did a bad job or if he gave me a bum battery or if it’s another part of the phone, say the charging port that is making things difficult.  But this damn thing can't hold a charge. 



As Apple assumed I would, I don’t have time to research and ferret out the requisite new parts needed to conduct any further experiments.  Rather, I’m think about Apple’s super-duper new phone.  This phone will have lots of new capacity that I don’t really care about but I’m almost certain that for a while anyway, the battery duration will be epic, compared to the compromise I currently contend with.



My wife used the shaved lamb pieces that you’d otherwise drop into shuangyangrou and sautéed them with some tahini last night.  It's not the first time she's made it.   It's a bit like a meat desert and I'm afraid that my younger one and I are in love with it.  Scrapping the bowl.  Spooning out the last bits of sauce.  I wouldn't cook it this way.  But I'm happy to eat it.



Thursday, 10/19/17


No comments:

Post a Comment