Sunday, August 11, 2019

In the Morning Air





My new routine, my New York routine is proceed from my bedroom, on a long, straight shot out to the living room.  We’ve got couches at one, and then another angle.  I assume they are ours.  We’ve had many people live here over the last seven years.  I draw up the curtains, even though it is still pitch black outside, and repeat this for the dining room.  There is a lamp that goes on first.  Another has its knob broken.  But once you plug it in , it comes on.  It’s been a while and I search but soon I’ve found the dimmer for the dining room light. 



This couch is comfortable.  Which means it’s probably a bad place to work for too long.  My lower back sags down, and in this “comfortable” position and before long, perhaps after I doze off, it will lock into something I’ll later regret.  Ahh, but now its comfy and over in China it is 3:00PM, to my 3:00AM.  Wechats, emails fly in one, after another.  If I reply it sets off a hornet’s nest of activity. 

One thread, douse the flames.  Another ember rises to the tinder and blasts ablaze.  “Hey, you there?  Good. I need this and that and that and that. “  Outside the sun has broke now.  We have a westerly view and enjoy remarkable sunsets.  But down in this gully the sun rises late.  It’s here now.  And, in as much as I’m on a VoIP call I head outside to take it in the morning air. 



Chatting about a prospect.  Why do they behave this way?  Why do they think they can do something that will take exceptional resources, for the same cost they might have their lawn mowed?  I chat  But look.  Over there. That must be something in the tree.  I can’t see clearly but, I can only guess its huge.  Then, it flies!  The wings flap slowly.  Indeed this is too slow to hold a bird of that size aloft.  Later I speak with my stepdad, the ornithologist.  No John.   That couldn’t be an eagle.  It must have been a Great Horn Owl.  I consider this and the picture he shows me and then, I agree.



Saturday, 8/03/19



No comments:

Post a Comment