Friday, October 5, 2018

My Eyes Are Bags





What hit me?  Some kind of nasty, California summer cold.  This is horrible.  The skin beneath my eyes are bags of mucus, no doubt fighting the good fight.  But leaving me looking hangdog and feeling miserable. I just had a call with someone who knows me.  “You sound horrible.”  Well, there you go. 



I have two hours to get somewhere close.  But its Monday morning and the traffic is just  brutal  We’re crawling along.  I don’t know if I’ll make it.  I’m not driving, so at least its more productive but it doesn’t feel so much better than it did stuck in traffic, heading up to the Bay Bridge.

I decided that what I needed was rest.  I napped.  And then I went to bed early.  And I gave myself some extra hours in the morning.  Certainly it helped.  I was in a better state to get things done in the morning than I was last night.  People walking and on bikes keep passing us by.  I’m not enjoying this ride. 



My driver assures me we’ll get there before 10:00AM. (an hour from now).  I’m not so sure about it.  I would be silly to show up later than that, and no one will care that I spent two hours trying to get here. There goes another pedestrian



Monday 9/10/18

No comments:

Post a Comment