Friday, October 5, 2018

So Many People Happy





Now, we are in one of the many tunnels of modern Hangzhou   It’s the end of the week but the Alibaba trade show continues.  We just crossed the Qiantang River, which I remembered the name of properly when I spoke to the driver.  Somewhere along that estuary is a big statue of Goujian the fabled king of Yue, galloping along ready to have his vengeance for the shit he literally had to eat. 

Off to another team dinner this evening.  I’m about team-dinner-ed out.  Sitting in the front of a cab.   I am missing my younger one’s birthday tonight and I’m not happy about that..  At least I was able to present her with a gift that she didn’t expect before I’d left.  It was fun to see her gobsmacked but that was three days ago.  Tonight it all feels hollow and distant. 



Finally, we’re out of that tunnel and on to the Binjiang side of the river, where my hotel.  The driver’s navigation suggests were about to do a big U turn.  I wish I didn’t but I am very much looking forward to having a drink when we get to this event and changing the channel on this go-go-go forward day where I had to keep so many people happy.



Tomorrow I’ll be back home.  Though Monday it will be a new client who will arrives in town.  After that, the following week, it should be a good time to rest.  China mandates a week off for the National Holiday.  I’ll take that. 



Friday 9/21/18


No comments:

Post a Comment