Friday, October 5, 2018

With a White Covering





I told the phone repair guy I needed the glass screen on my iPhone 5 replaced.  He was there, on time, at 1:30PM just like he said he’d be.  But he immediately pointed out that my phone was an iPhone 6.  I know, that I should be cognizant of these things.  I suppose I knew it when I bought it.  But I don’t particularly care and now we have an issue.

He asks me if I can work with a white covering.  I thought he was just replacing the glass but it would appear that casing and the glass are all part of the same package.  I think about this for a fraction of a second and confirm that I don’t care whether I have a white phone or a black phone.  He promises to have it done in thirty minutes.  I have a call in thirty minutes, so I hope this is true.  And I tell him I’ll be back, heading off to bike around the corner to the Costa Coffee I’d never otherwise go to, to sit down and kill thirty minutes.



Fortunately I‘ve brought my computer and have some writing to do, that doesn’t require any internet.  And I order a double espresso on ice, which is what I’d do any way thought I don’t really need one.  I’ve already finished an ice coffee back home not long ago.  I keep up the coffee intake as I’ve a long way to go before I sate myself today.  Tuesday is the day I chose for the twenty-four hour fast.

It was a big deal when I did this last Tuesday.  I was achy and agitated.  But writing now, two hours later, coming up on 4:00PM I’m doing alright.  I’m certainly hungry, but a bit further into this discipline I think I’ve tempered myself a bit.  In my mind, I can feel my gut shrinking.  This is absurd, I realize.  But every time there is a growl in there, I imagine some unwanted pocket of fat, biting the dust, and being converted to energy. 



We’ll see how things feel later in the day as dinner approaches.  But for now, I’m feeling calm and productive.  Randy Weston memorial music is still filling the air.  I’ll go lay another bottle of sparking water in the fridge so I’ve lubrication here for the home stretch till break-fast time at 6:30PM. 



Tuesday, 9/4/18



No comments:

Post a Comment