Sunday, September 3, 2017

To Organize All the Blas




I woke up and checked the time on phone.  But I couldn’t avoid the text message that was there on the top of the list.  “Hey there, when is bla bla bla going to get done?”  Bla bla has been near the top of my to-do list for some time now.  Ambling down the stairs, splashing water on my face I knew that today would be the day I’d need to take care of bla bla bla.

Bla bla bla would involve sitting down for many hours and working through a long list of bla’s.  It isn’t going to be mentally taxing work.  It might prove interesting to consider where each of  bla came from and whether any of these bla might lead to revenue.   I created a rudimentary excel sheet to organize all the blas and made my way through the hundreds I had on my list, bla by bla. 



Normally I don’t deal with Russia.  Though it’s probably the biggest country in “Asia” it doesn’t usually fall within my APAC remit and things for that country are usually handled out some company’s Russian division.  But today I accumulated forty Russian bla’s.  Regular readers know I’m reading about Russia and considering a trip there for next summer.  I have to find a way to reckon with all these Russian bla’s on my list.  You never know. 




And it was a good day for music.  Doing this work I didn’t have to segregate out music that had lyrics.  If I’m writing, I cannot listen to music with lyrics, at least English lyrics that I can become distracted by through the process of comprehending.  But sorting through bla’s required no such clarity.  I made my way through one three-hour show and started another with my home-girl Trouble on WFMU.  At one point, she had a song by Syl Johnson on: “Walk a Mile in My Shoes.”  I looked him up on Youtube and added the song to a play list.  He had a porcine-rich oeuvre of material and song after song was fabulous.  I must have played “Annie Got Hot Pants Power” about three times, loud.  I sent a link of the song of my dearest comrades. 

The bla list was finished around five.  It took the full day to do, as I knew it would but it was done.  Now I went off to the kitchen to make some dinner.  Lamb chops, zucchini and mushrooms in mustard.



Tuesday, 08/22/18


No comments:

Post a Comment