Thursday, September 1, 2022

Are There Also Commercials?




Last night, my little one wanted to watch the Olympics.  I had no idea the requisite effort would be Olympic.  The TV says we don’t have access.  Call Spectrum.  We called Spectrum.  They made me sign up for a minimum of ten stations.  I said to the guy: can you just pick them?  “Sir, I cannot pick stations for you.  You must pick them yourself!."  "Fine.  Just give me the first ten plus NBC sports.”   I had to pick them.  I did.  I got off.  And, my TV, a Roku, is incompatible with Spectrum.  I learned not long after getting off this interminable call.

 

So we tried another way.  Apple TV. I couldn’t get the app to down load on my PC, of course.  And no one wanted to watch the Olympics on your phone.  But there I was streaming it, trying to help my daughter to do the same, when they started playing fucking commercials.  Fuck OFF.  I just paid you a load of money and signed up, why are there also commercials? 



My little one got the Peacock thing to prompt for payment and with that payment, we were finally able to watch some of the Olympics, commercial-free.  She figured out how to stream that up to the TV and finally, hours later we could watch, the American triumphalism Olympics.  America vs. China.  America vs. Everyone.  



Today, I called them back to cancel.  “You can cancel at any time.  Ahh, yes, but first you must wait for over one hour on a wait queue, to speak to a human to tell them as much.  I was waiting nearly that long at the mall, waiting to for my eye exam but eventually, and reluctantly I hung up and concentrated on what it was Dr. Rubin had to say about my precious eyes.  Why is it all the malls in the Hudson Valley have Honey Locust trees planted in the traffic dividers?  This was on my mind, walking back to the car.  This and the outfit of one of the ladies in the eye doctor’s office. 

 

 

 

Friday, 07/30/21

 

No comments:

Post a Comment