Thursday, September 1, 2022

Omniscience Facing Law Enforcement




I really believed that I would review the overnight emails and make my way over to the floor quickly, efficiently to meditate, stretch and perhaps then get an early morning bike ride in before I’d need to drive my daughter to work.  Once people sense that you’re online, chat services become mosquito-like and a person is pinged from the blue telegram icon, and the two green and white icons for WeChat and WhatsApp over and over.  Just send this.  Just clarify that.  And then I hear my older one puttering about in the kitchen.  They’ll be no time for even a shave.

 

We sped up 87.  She’d had a dream, this time about being late for work at Target.  We weren’t late yet.  But she wanted me to go fast.  So, I started the talisman of Waze which notifies me if there are “police reported ahead.” This gives me the illusion that I have omniscience facing law enforcement so I can speed with impunity.  The Clay Pigeon is on the air and it’s the end of his show.  Soon it will be time for Trouble.  But the signal fades and I turn it down so we can talk instead of sample static.



I had two calls to do which went OK and then as I got ready for my bike ride, I noticed the clouds were gathering.  It was supposed to rain all day.  It was supposed to start soon.  I threw on my helmet and headed south towards Gardiner expecting the heavens to open any minute, but I got all the way down and back without any precipitation.  Walking back up from the trail though there was a bit of drizzle.  Should I finish the lawn?   There’s a patch that looks silly, half-finished from yesterday.  It’s only going to get worse over the next three rainy days.



I did the patch I had in mind and then started up the drive to trim the sections on either side of the driveway.  Then the drizzle turned to downpour, and I was soaked, walking the mower back down the hill. Now I’m just about ready to hop in the shower at 2:30 in the afternoon.  But I’d wanted to get this done first.  Because I did, I got to watch and a wonderful crane fly confidently over the back yard looking for somewhere to hunt, in the rain.

 

 

 

Thursday, 07/29/21



No comments:

Post a Comment