Sunday, November 29, 2020

Gas and Liquid Rage

 



I suppose I need to get to the bottom of what’s going on with my body.  I regularly do three, and four-day fasts.  Part of the ketosis process is you shut down a lot of ready-to-digest bacteria in your intestinal track.  When you flood it back up with food, your body needs time to adjust.  Or at least this is what they tell you on-line when you look up phrases like “Diarrhea, after fasting.” 

 

It never happens the first day after I eat.  Rather two or three night later, I find myself visiting the facilities, again and again.  And it isn’t the sort of runs one gets when you get giardia or some tropical bug.  In my experience when thus afflicted, the intestines just open sluice-like and a sure sign that the misery has passed happens days later when you finally feel the need to once again go and mercifully, a flatulent exhales.   That always seem to me to be the beginning of the end in those instances.  A hard-earned change of expectorant.  Not so with this affliction.  Gas and liquid rage in equal measure and I am plagued with sulfuric burps as well. 



The day after Thanksgiving was fine.  I don’t think I had much more than a turkey sandwich and some turkey soup yesterday.  But suffice to say, last night sucked.  I was off in the bathroom every half hour or so.  I finished off my Hellen McDonald book. The office room with most of my books is home to a guest this season, but I found a half read copy of the third volume of Lone Wolf and Cub in my closet.  Finished that.  Read the next chapter in the Korean History book I’d been working on with my little one.  Still, the discomfort wasn’t passing. 



The online remedies suggest that you drink a bit of lemon juice an hour before you break your fast to stimulate the enzymes, though I suspect that mine had long since been reactivated.  I don’t quite know what I’m doing wrong, but I don’t suspect lemon juice is gonna cure it. 

 

Could have done a lot of things today, but I spent most of the time, reading the papers and then catching up on this blog.  There is still plenty of time for a bike ride which will probably do my constitution well.  Blue skies are still around.  The day after tomorrow is supposed to be dreadful.  Tonight, for dinner, Turkey Pot Pie.  Let's go figure this out.  

 

 

 

Saturday, 11/28/20

No comments:

Post a Comment