Friday, January 7, 2022

Be Careful As Fido




I had one call after another that took me to my 11:00PM.  I went to bed promptly after that, as I knew I’d need to be up achingly early.  Tuesday is always this way.  But I checked my phone around 3:30AM, just to see if it the call had been cancelled.  It had not.  But then, preparing for the call an hour later thumbing through things in the bathroom, I saw the cancellation notice and promptly returned to sleep.


 

I pedaled hard and got up to Forest Glenn Road fast enough.  On the way back I returned by an older couple who were sitting on a bench near Bridge Creek Road with their dog.  I approached.  I waved.  I gave room and the german shepherd leapt up and lunged at me snarling.  I could watch as its face went from impassive to ferocious in a heartbeat.  I shook my head and turned to avoid him and fortunately it was on a leash.  They apologized and I said “no problem” though in my head I was thinking of protestors being bit by such dogs or of lifting my bicycle over my head and crashing it down on the beast, to crush it.  Up head I passed two parents with their kid in a tow-trike and told them to be careful as fido was aggressive. 

 

The evening has descended too quickly.  I don’t dare stay up much beyond now, as I need to rise early again, and then again, the following day.  I had my last mouthful of sunflower seeds and raisins and cheese and chocolate and keifer yoghurt and whatever other munchies were within reach. Tomorrow I’m to rise as usual and stick to black coffee and water or the next few days. 



Girls are going to go rock climbing again.  I remembered to send off a note tonight.  The gent got back to me.  Saturday is free.  The instructor they like, Jennifer is free.  The older sister is game so the younger one is up for trying.  $375.00 isn’t insignificant.  Though I suppose I would have dropped that on a business dinner out somewhere, if it wasn’t for Covid, and one senses that there is only a thin sliver of opportunity on this, before the seasons change and they are off and somewhere else.

 

 

 

Tuesday 5/11/21 




No comments:

Post a Comment