Monday, January 3, 2022

Confirmed She Wasn't Jody

 



Walgreens over in Poughkeepsie has an easy enough test for Covid.  When my daughter went for her obligatory test, before they’d allow her back on her high school campus, she and her mom drove up and she knew she wasn’t infected before she got back home.  And so I went on line once again, to the same web site, filled out the forms, confirmed I wasn’t at risk for a dozen or more attendant concerns and called my doctor, to let the know I was good. 



I wasn’t.  “Is it a PCR test?”  Jody, the assistant at my doctor wanted to know.   I explained that it was the one that would confirm within 24 hours.  There was another that Walgreens had that specifically said wit was a “PCR” test, but that turned around results in a manner not confirmed.  Communicating through email, with Jody, I suggested and eventually she confirmed that I should go back to Walgreens and cancel the appointment. 

 

This afternoon then I went to my gastroenterologist office and waited for my PCR test.  Filled out some forms, handed to me by a brassy lady, who confirmed she wasn’t Jody and went to wait, as instructed.  Soon a young nurse had me in the back and was instructing me on how to rotate the swab, five times in the left nostril and then five times in the right.  Don’t worry, she explained.  If you’re positive, we’ll call you.  If we don’t, you can assume you aren’t. 



We both agreed that things had gotten quite a bit easier than the big deal it had been the previous year.  Soon I was back out in the parking lot, looking for my wife.  We needed to speed down to pick my daughter and then over to my mom’s for we’d agreed that we would visi to help my step dad to figure out how to view the links we’d sent him so as to get him up and running on excel. 

 

 

 

Tuesday, 4/27/21

No comments:

Post a Comment