Friday, January 7, 2022

Which Is Already Today




Ron Carter, “Little Blue” at 1:23AM. The break is breathtaking. All sorts of different possibilities present themselves when you take an early evening nap.  But I should head to bed.  Yes, I should.  I’ll awake hungry and have black coffee.  I’m out of soda water, though I bought two gallons of it just a few days ago.  If you have to pound something, it isn’t a bad choice.  Thursdays aren’t bad days to wake up to.  Hungry, all day, surely.   But by evening you’re passed the midpoint and you can anticipate what’s coming.

 

It’s finally supposed to stop raining tomorrow.  That’s a fine thing.  It just rained for days.  My wife commented and I agreed: it's been raining. An harkening back to moody, wet spring days when I was newly an adult, the wet, verdant landscadpe is now beginning to surge outward,, expand rapidly.  I look forward to a proper bike ride tomorrow, which is already today. 



I’m writing this blog at 1:30AM because it is such a tenuous novelty to be “caught up.”  I’ve been lagging for days and it annoyed me.  I haven’t actually posted things in quite some time, but the blogs are all written and that is really the important thing.  That sweet taste of completion, of being current is still looming, and given that there are month’s to post, it won’t be retired easily.  Upstairs, my older daughter is walking around, talking to someone and I do my best not to listen. 



I will arise now and go to Lake Isle Innisfree. I’ve my contacts that have been up in my eyes for over forty-eight hours now and ought to come out to remove.  It’s chilly but I’m going to take this hoodie off and I won’t bother with a book to read, though I’m enjoying my progression through the collection of Euripides plays I purchased to read along with my younger daughter's assignments.  My old friend in SF called me today.  He’s a remarkable Hellenist and he told me to watch out for Dionysis malicious grin during the Bacchae.  But it’s too late now and I shouldn’t do any more emails or texting or reading.  I should just go and rest. 




Thursday, 05/06/21




No comments:

Post a Comment