Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Control the Weather Ma'am

 



There were bursts of mist.  But it was sunny.  There wasn’t any precipitation out there. It almost seemed as though it seemed as if the cedars were emitting a cloud.  Looking online, it seems that this is indeed something cedars do.  They give off a pollen cloud in the spring.  I don’t think I’ve seen a tree breathe like that before.  Or was it more of an ejaculation there in the yard?  My wife’s been oddly allergic these last few days.  I wonder if she didn’t catch a blast of cedar pollen the wrong way. 

 

I got an email from a nice woman who will be the instructor for my two daughters on their rock climbing class this Sunday.  She also informed me that the forecast was for rain. I remember my grandma taking me to the circus and they called it off.  She was frustrated and I can still remember a man in a ten-gallon hat telling her, “I can’t control the weather ma’am.”  I made this reservation back before Christmas.  April showers.  We’ll see about rescheduling, but I fear we may just have the same thing happen all over again. 




 Took my little one to be fit for braces this morning.  There was a wonderful nurse who helped her out.  I asked her if she visited the Rino pizza here across the parking lot from Sunshine Smiles and she explained that she preferred Pomodoro pizza in Highland and the more she described it the more my daughter and I wanted to try it.  The nurse, Stephanie, explained that she was from Brooklyn but had lived for a long time in Maryland.  When I asked her what part of Brooklyn she was from she said: “Chesapeake” and I twisted my head and repeated the word.  “Oh, sorry, Fort Greene.’’  The braces she explained will be a fortune, a fortune doubled as her sister will need the same thing




 Worked like a grind today.  The sun kept dropping in the sky, but I told myself I’d keep working.  I had half a dozen documents I had to prepare for new contractors and though it wasn’t taxing it is time consuming.  They’re all done and I’ve a 3:00 A.M. call to rise for, so I’m off to bed. 

 

 

 

Thursday, 04/08/21



No comments:

Post a Comment