Sunday, December 5, 2021

Real Drama Is Outside

 



Calls from 4:00AM.  But the real drama is outside.  Snow and snow and yet again more snow falls and blows in the wind, whirling around the bulbs artificial light out into the back yard.  Sometime after dawn the morning clears, the skies part.  There’s blue now, suddenly.

 

Now someone is calling me.  It’s loud and jarring.  I have a GoogleFi account.  Some setting somewhere has the preference mistakenly set to: please do ring my laptop loudly from any open chrome browser, anytime fathead gets a call.  And it’s ringing with a dullards tone now.  I mute the zoom call I’m on and see just who it is that’s dialing me.




It’s my friends at Bottini Fuel.  Yeah.  I’m the driver.  I’m at the top of the driveway and there’s a tuck blocking me.  And sure enough, Mustapha’s Painting is parked at the head of my driveway  Fortunately Mustapha has made his number available on his sign.  As guessed he’s down in the newly sold neighbor’s house and soon he’s trudged up and gotten his car out of the way. 




I too head off but then manage to back into a snow back and . . . for the first time this winter, in my commanding winter assault vehicle, the four wheel drive Toyota Highlander, I’m stuck.  The fuel driver considers for a while and then drives off.  I can’t say I blame him for not wanting to follow me down this road.  Mustapha, the pedestrian though, is a gentleman.  He finds his shovel which he lends me and soon I’ve dug my way out.  Noting his name in my phone I vow to use this gent, when next I need a paint job. 

 

 

 

Tuesday, 02/23/21

No comments:

Post a Comment