Sunday, December 12, 2021

Month's Back Yes Definitely

 



My paddles came today.  So did the life preservers.  A neighbor who’s since moved on graciously offered to give us his canoe.  We live right near the Wallkill River, you see.  But then we didn’t see him for a while and I assumed he made other plans with the boat.  And then, after a long while he asked if I still wanted it two month’s back.  Yes.  Definitely. 



It’s been sitting besides the shed.  Fiberglass, it mut be nearly fourteen feet long, it’s obvious that it will finally be warm enough to go out on the river before too long.  A few days back I bought paddles, life preservers and some bungie cords to tie the boat down with.  My wife wanted to know what the three boxes outside of significant length.  The paddles were shorter than expected.  They’d be fine for whoever was sitting in the front.  But I’d need to find something more sturdy to use as the rear rudder-propulsion source. 

 

At dinner I popped the question:  ‘how about we all go out on the river this weekend.  It’s supposed to warm up?”  “Too cold.”  “No way.”  “Count me out.” There wasn’t even  a sliver of sunshine from the Mrs. who is usually encouraging of anything that hints at exercise for the little one.  I thought I’d remembered seeing the temperatures rising up to the sixties this weekend.  If that happens, it will be perfect weather.




On line there is a paddle that’s fiberglass and about a foot longer than the ones in the garage.  Is that too long?  What it its an exaggerated shape that is impossible to use? It’s about seventeen dollars more than the wooden ones and I decide to go for it.  It will be here in two days.  This is part of what conveniced  me.  I have a feeling about this weekend.  Warm and on the water. 




Tuesday, 03/16/21



 

No comments:

Post a Comment