Saturday, December 11, 2021

This Isn't Really Accurate

 



Back to Kingston.  We must return our loaned vehicle and pick up our Highlander. This time, I can do it, completely from memory and try to play it cool with the Mrs. who is joining.  She too plays it cool.  She didn’t however know about the downtown Kingston patch by the river and we considered the bridges and the restaurants and the museum I once almost had a look at.  For a moment I consider having a lunch here.  We can pick up the car any time we like.  But we make our u-turn down by the Trolley Museum, and I explain that a trolley is like a subway, ditie, and consider as I do, this isn’t really accurate. 




Good to have the car, that isn’t really ours anyway, back.  Today we’ve planned to head to Adams Fairacre Farms.  They have a flower show on that I don’t especially care to see but there are some great things you can always only seem to find there at Adams.  I know, for example that their spice section will have Fenugreek. Mine’s out and I need it for Saag Paneer.  The last time I bought some rambutan that I hadn’t seen since I was last in Beijing. 

 

Our trio has been vege since Jan-one and one can certainly save some money walking right on by the butcher and the seafood man.  I got some fancy coffee.  I procured a rutabaga and some organic kale.  If this was closer I’d be here all the time.  I’m glad to do more of a nice-to-have pass through the place.  En route from the vegetables to the condiments I heard an aggressive voice that I discenerned in a micro-second before even looking that it was my dad.  He and my step mom were also catching this flower show, buying up some groceries. 



 

I bought my things and put them in the car and went out back to the nursery.  There are plenty of trees around, but they aren’t yet properly on display.  I looked at one denuded tree and then another trying to check the tags.  I am, in fact, in market for a six-to-seven foot London Plain tree.  I bought one here last year and it is doing quite well so far, there at the base of my driveway.  But I’m wondering, after seeing the way the sycamores all seem to populate themselves in a long string along the rivers’ course by the rail trail that our gent could probably use a bit of company.  And older guy, (read: a peer level person) confirms that such trees are not out yet.  “Later. In a few weeks.”  One, two and three triangulating calls later, I find my wife, and consider what looks like a papaya tree, there at the plant show. 

 

 

 

Tuesday, 03/09/21



No comments:

Post a Comment