Thursday, December 30, 2021

Inappropriately Enjoying the Panorama

 


I greatly enjoy the Seek app, though sometimes the app identifies things that make you second guess.  After countless attempts to identify the flowering tree at the bottom of our driveway, the app finally suggested it was a “Chinese Quince.”  This seemed fine, but last week it identified a bush with no resemblance to our crabapple-like tree, as the same Chinese Quince.  They can’t both be right.  This morning the error was obvious.  Pedaling south I saw what might have been a big, wasp’s nest but was, in fact a rotund barred owl who was turned and viewed me as I went beneath him and stopped to take a photo.  The Seek app was well intentioned and suggested I’d found a two-toed-sloth. 




Our morning drive to school routine, usually involves, me asking my little one if she wants to throw on tunes as we head up the driveway.   No one speeding around towards us from the blind curve to the left and I swung out on 208, surprised to hear the opening of “She’s So Heavy” suddenly coming from the car speakers.  Ecstatic that she chose it without any prompting, I turned it up.

 

She suggested she’d put it on somewhat randomly from a Beatles mix she has on her phone that is apparently entitled ‘baba music.’  I’ll take it.  “Ahh, you see, John who had all the ladies screaming for him, really wanted Yoko and she wasn’t so sure.”  “You know, when I was first considering this song, I took it literally and thought, ‘gee, she must really be overweight.’”  “Ahh. Listen to how screams out on this one.  It just comes from the depths of his belly.”

 

I cherry picked other tunes I wanted to hear from ‘Abbey Road’, considering the bass line and the double entendre title of “Come Together” as we sailed through Lloyd and enjoying a celestial listening to of “Because” as we sailed over the Mid-Hudson Bridge, me inappropriately enjoying the panorama at fifty miles an hour, in that tight traffic.  I couldn’t have been happier then when I reached Oakwood and dropped her off for the morning. 




We’ve now to drive all the way back up to Oneonta to get our second shot today.  I’ll drive the way up but I’m gonna take a nap on the return trip home. 




Friday 4/23/21



No comments:

Post a Comment